Companies across a range of different industries use mass flow sensing technologies to meet specific application requirements in a variety of applications. Here, the team at Servoflo provides a few examples of the advantages of mass flow sensors in machines and mechanisms being designed today.
Solutions for Servoflo’s FS6122 Bi-Directional Medical Respiratory Sensor
In the medical industry, mass flow sensors play a key role in the functionality of respiratory monitoring equipment, such as CPAP or anesthesia delivery systems and other types of medical equipment. For example, the Servoflo FS6122 Bi-Directional Medical Respiratory Sensor has been especially designed for suitability in medical applications. It is an energy-saving, fast-responding sensor that can measure mass flow rate in the range of -250 to 250 SLPM (standard litres per minute). This bi-directional sensor also has a unique additional feature of an optional humidity sensor, giving users even more environmental measurement capability.
Some typical flow sensor applications in the medical industry include:
· Air mattresses and cushions
· Anesthesia equipment
· Asthma detection products
· Biological chamber air circulation devices
· Drug delivery solutions
· Gamma knives
· Infusion pumps
· Oxygen concentrators and conservers
· Other oxygen therapy tools
· Respirator and breath detection machines (especially for cases of sleep apnea)
· Smart oxygen homecare cylinders
· Veterinary machines and tools
Solutions for Servoflo’s FS5001B MEMS Mass Flow Sensor
Other mass flow sensors from Servoflo have exceptional operational capabilities for industrial and electrical applications, among many others. For instance, the FS5001B MEMS Mass Flow Sensor has the following key attributes:
· An effective operational range anywhere from 0 to 200 SCCM (standard cubic centimeters per minutes) up to 0-1000 SCCM
· An exceptionally quick response time of 10 milliseconds
· A pressure rating that can go up to 5 bar (72 psi)
· A small form factor of 48.5 x 48.5 x 18.5 mm
· Accurate readings within a range of ±2.0%, in addition to a ±0.5% range for full scale readings
· Outputs that include linear analog from 0.5 to 4.5 volts, digital RS232, or I2C
Additional Applications of Mass Flow Sensors
Mass flow sensors are highly versatile. For instance, most car engines use mass air flow sensors to inject the correct mix of fuel and air into the engine’s combustion chambers. Mass flow sensors also allow welders that use oxy-fuel equipment to work safely.
The following list includes several examples of common use cases for mass flow sensors:
· Medical: specifically the FS6122 Bi-Directional Medical Respiratory Sensor
· HVAC Engineering: particularly for variable air volume (or VAV) systems, cleanroom management, and refrigerant monitoring
· Industrial: for use in process gas monitors, gas mixing solutions, and welding gas controls, among many other applications
· Food and Beverage: for oven flow monitors, food freshening solutions, and even food packaging
Servoflo’s High Quality Mass Flow Sensors
Mass flow sensors are critical for organizations that run the gamut of commercial and industrial sectors. High quality mass flow sensors lead to better products, durable applications, and benefits for all.
At Servoflo, our expertly trained and dedicated professionals are committed to providing only the best mass flow sensor solutions for our customers. To learn more about our sensor products, request a free quote today.