For nearly 30 years, the team at Servoflo has been helping companies across a range of industries manage their unique measurement needs. Whether clients are working with standard pressure sensors, vacuum sensors, sensor signal conditioning solutions, oxygen sensors, or micropumps, we’ll work to find the ideal components for your specific measurement application.
Our vast inventory is always growing to meet shifting industry needs and incorporate the latest technologies, and we’re now proud to introduce a new line of digital humidity sensing products from MEMS Vision: smart sensors with unmatched accuracy and breakthrough manufacturing technology.
Microelectromechanical Systems: Tiny Tech With Major Impact
Microelectromechanical systems, or MEMS, are generally comprised of components less than 100 micrometers in size, and a standard MEMS device typically measures between 20 micrometers and 1 millimeter.
Scientists and industry leaders have been aware of the high potential of micro machines since the 1950s; manufacturing technology simply needed to catch up. For example, today’s MEMS are built with modified semiconductor device fabrication technologies, such as wet etching, molding, plating, dry etching, and electro-discharge machining.
MEMS Vision Series MVH3200D: High-Performance Digital Humidity Sensors
The team at MEMS Vision specializes in innovative small devices and components, crafting some of the world’s leading nanotechnology. Their unique line of relative humidity and temperature (RH & T) products are made with breakthrough MoSiC™ micro/nanotechnology, and are designed to serve a wide range of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) applications. All sensors are backed by expert engineering techniques for optimal performance and minimal time to market.
The MVH3200D line of miniaturized digital humidity sensors, in particular, is engineered for unparalleled accuracy. These smart sensors can be independently programmed for customized humidity and temperature resolutions, providing maximum flexibility alongside full calibration. MVH3200D sensors can also provide standard digital I2C outputs to enable plug-and-play integration.
The micro-Watt levels of power demanded by MVH3200D products make them an ideal choice for portable and remote applications, or any situation requiring minimal power consumption.
Available sensor models include:
- MVH3201D (10% to 90% RH range, ±1.5% RH accuracy)
- MVH3202D (10% to 90% RH range, ±2.0% RH accuracy)
- MVH3203D (20% to 80% RH range, ±2.5% RH accuracy)
- MVH3204D (20% to 80% RH range, ±3.5% RH accuracy)
Key sensor features include:
- DFN-type package, 3 mm x 2.4 mm x 0.8 mm
- Relative humidity and temperature digital output, I2C interface
- Full calibration
- Self-diagnosis algorithms to ensure accurate and repeatable measurements
- Independent resolution settings for RH & T of 9, 10, 12, or 14 bits
- Voltage supply range of 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- Low-power consumptions: 1.0 µavg current at one RH & T measurement per second (at 8-bit resolution, 1.8 V supply)
Common Humidity Sensor Applications
MEMS sensors can be used in a huge range of applications, from smartphones to vehicles to residential temperature control systems. Offering highly reliable performance, these tiny sensors help keep countless everyday devices operating accurately and efficiently.
Essential MEMS technology can be found in:
- Technical instrumentation, and logistics and safety monitoring solutions
- HVAC systems, thermostats, heating controls, and building automation
- Meteorology and weather monitoring
- Data logging and sensor nodes
- Consumer products and electronics, such as smartphones and tablets
- Household appliances, such as refrigerators and humidifiers
- Medical monitoring solutions, wearables, and health care support
MEMS Vision Sensors From Servoflo
The MEMS Vision line offers built-in, fully calibrated systems, ensuring high-accuracy measurements and linear behavior even in varying sensing environments. These sensors are known for their long-term stability and reliability, with a unique build that includes:
- Proprietary sensing structures
- Long-term protection technology
- Robust biasing circuitry
- Self-diagnosis algorithms to ensure accurate, repeatable measurements
Each sensor also features digital output capabilities, allowing for native interfacing with embedded system components, such as FPGAs, microcontrollers, and so on.
To learn more about MEMS Vision products and explore the full catalog of humidity and temperature sensor offerings from Servoflo, download a copy of our new “Humidity and Temperature Model Overview.”