Continuous improvement in MEMS pressure die has allowed for the development of ultra low pressure sensors in small packages. Fully calibrated and compensated, these pressure sensors can measure as low as 0.07 psi (5 mbar), and come in gauge or differential packages with an I2C output.
Previous solutions for measuring low pressure include large, bulky packages that are high in cost, large in size, and a cost prohibitive price for high volume applications. This new generation of ultra low pressure sensors provides the following key advantages:
- High working and burst pressures
- Long-term stability over time
- Wide temperature compensation
- Simplified system calibration
- Interchangeability of sensors
- Low voltage supply
- Insensitive to mounting orientation
These important features have opened up new applications in many areas, including:
- Medical - respirators, sleep apnea, and more
- HVAC - VAV controls, portable devices, and critical containment such as cleanrooms, fume hoods and biological safety cabinets
- Pneumatic devices and other industrial controls
- Consumer applications
- Transducer development
Here are some examples of ultra low pressure sensors now available.
SM9543 - Differential pressure sensor wtih ranges as low as±0.07 psi (±5 mbar), I2C interface, 3 - 3.6V power supply, accuracy of ±1.5% full-scale. JEDEC SOIC-16 package (about 10 mm x 10 mm). Temperature compensated from -5°C to +65°C. Burst pressure of 3 psi.
SM9541 - Similar to SM9543 with slightly higher pressure ranges from 0.14 psi up to 2 psi. Gauge and differential available. Burst pressure varies with calibration range from 3 psi up to 15 psi.
AL4 - Gauge pressure sensor for 0-20 mbar (0-2 kPa) up to 100 mbar (10 kPa). I2C interface, supply voltage options of 3V, 3.3V, 5V.±1.5% accuracy. High load pressure of 100 kPa. Size of 11.36 mm x 10.32 mm. Modified calibration ranges available.
See all low pressure sensors offered by Servoflo.