In the world of pressure sensors, users have a broad range of manufacturers and part numbers to choose from. Although detailed specifications on individual parts are easy to come by, we thought it would be nice to provide a comparison between the new AP/AG pressure sensors from Fujikura to various Freescale sensors, including the MPXV7025, MP3V5050(V)/MPX(V)5050(v), MPX(V)5100, and MPX5500. The following summary provides details on how Fujikura pressure sensors offer higher performance and more flexibility for users.
- More input voltage flexibility: All Fujikura AP/AG sensors come in a 3V, 3.3V or 5V supply. The Freescale sensors models listed above come in some but not all supply voltages.
- Pressure range choices: With a broad selection of ranges from +/-100 kPa up to 1000 kPa, Fujikura offers many more choices.
- Customization: In addition, Fujikura is willing to offer custom calibration and custom outputs in quantities that are normally too small for other manufacturers.
- Accuracy: Fujikura offers +/-1.5% full scale accuracy versus +/-2.5% or +/-5% for Freescale pressure sensors.
- Additional models with threshold detection (AP3/AG3) or digital outputs (AP4/AG4)
- Lower supply current: Freescale sensors require a 10 mA supply current. Fujikura, on the other hand, has a supply current of 3 mA for the 5V supply and 2 mA for the 3V and 3.3V supply versions.
Fujikura's stocking distributor (yes, Servoflo) has over 30 years experience selling and providing technical support for Fujikura pressure sensors.
Typical applications for these parts include sleep apnea, oxygen conservers, blood pressure measurement, ventilators, industrial applications and more.
Our experience over the last 30 years selling Fujikura have shown that these pressure sensors are high quality yet cost-effective for customers. The ability to easily customize sensors for customers' specific needs is a powerful consideration when comparing pressure sensors. We are proud of our relationship with Fujikura and look forward to showing you why!
- AP2/AG2 - analog output
- AP3/AG3 - analog output with threshold detection
- AP4/AG4 - digital output
- Fujikura/Freescale comparison chart
- Fujikura AP/AG pressure sensor overview