The HTU20/21 are tiny humidity and temperature sensors in a 3 mm x 3 mm x 0.9 mm DFN package. This tiny sensor packs a punch due to its:
- Humidity operating range of 0-100%
- Temperature range of -40°C to +125°C
- Supply voltage of 0.3 to 3.6 VDC
- Optional PTFE filter (F) option (shown in image on right)
- No calibration required in standard conditions, allowing for full interchangeability
- Instantaneous desaturation after long periods in saturation phase
Every sensor is individually calibrated and tested. The lot ID is printed on the sensor and an electronic ID is stored in the chip. Resolution can be changed by command from 8/12 bit up to 12/14 bit. A fast response time of 2 ms (using 8 bit resolution) up to 14 ms (using 12 bit resolution) gives designers flexibility in managing their humidity measurement.
The HTU20 has an accuracy of ±5% from 20-80% rH while the HTU21 has an accuracy of ±3% in that same humidity range. There are 2 output choices in each family: The P version has a pwm output while the D version has I2C.
Best of all, the price of the HTU humidity sensors is extremely competitive. At 5,000 pieces, the price is between $1.46 to $1.95 each depending on the model.
Applications for the HTU20/21 family include medical, home appliances, printers, humidifiers, smart phones/tablets, indoor air quality and more.
Is this not the humidity sensor you are looking for? Then check out our complete line of analog and digital humidity sensors and transducers. We also have a product & pricing guide for your review.