Ceramic pressure sensors from Metallux have unique features making them ideal in many applications. These features include:
- Robust and reliable
- High temperature tolerance
- Ability to have direct contact with liquids and harsh media
Servoflo has in depth experience in helping customers integrate ceramic sensors into their designs. Here are some examples:
- Utilizing a ceramic sensor to develop an oil level sensor in an automotive application
- Hydraulic & emissions controls for other types of transportation equipment
- Industrial transducer development for use in the gas & oil industries as well as heavy manufacturing
- Semiconductor applications to measure process flows
- Level sensing applications such as reservoir water level management, wastewater controls and chemical processing
- Food & beverage applications to monitor ingredient flow
- HVAC pressure transducers to measure refridgerant levels
One of the most important aspects of our customers' success is the wide range of ceramic sensors offered. Our ceramic pressure sensor line includes many models with unamplified mV signals or signal-conditioned with analog or digital outputs. Customers can use sensors with the mV output if they are able to do signal conditioning and calibration. This allows the customer to modify pressure ranges, output, and accuracy to meet their specific application. The fully calibrated versions with voltage, 4-20 mA or I2C come in two levels of accuracy. Customers can do offset calibration after packaging the ceramic sensor. A customer can utilize these many options in one particular sensor model to create a family of products that can be offered to their own customers.
Unlike typical board mount pressure sensors, ceramic pressure sensors do need to be packaged. Our team of experts can assist you in designing the ideal package for your application. Furthermore, Servoflo offers a special evaluation mounting kit called MEKIT 0400 to help users test ceramic pressure sensors. This kit costs $145 and is useful for the following 18 mm diameter Metallux sensors: ME501/ME505/ME662/ME651/ME75X/ME77X/ME780.